Thursday, January 21, 2010

Does anyone have any idea why the skin at the side of my thumb nails splits?

I'm fairly sure that this is caused by vitamin and mineral deficiencies. I can't find my copy of Adele Davis to check!





I think it may be silica and/or zinc. Certainly vitamin E should help some.





Make sure you are getting a really good diet, rich in minerals and vitamins - organic food is generally best.





Take a good multi-vitamin and mineral supplement as insurance.Does anyone have any idea why the skin at the side of my thumb nails splits?
whose doesn't?Does anyone have any idea why the skin at the side of my thumb nails splits?
Dry cuticles. The only way to keep them from splitting is to keep them moist and vitamin E is great. It's an oil, it promotes new skin growth.
your hands are probably dry, use moisturizer
Because the skin may be dry. It happens to me when I happen to be in West Africa during the Harmattan season (on most of the fingernails, not just the thumb). Apply a moisturiser to your hands frequently. Perhaps taking in plenty liquids can also help?
maybe you're having a wound or a callus
i think we call it the dead skin.
dry skin in the winter,it cracks when it gets to dry...

No comments:

Post a Comment