Thursday, January 21, 2010

Why do my nails start splitting when I do not sleep enough?

I eat enough protein and an overall healthy varied diet, yet when I do not sleep enough, my nails stop growing altogether and start getting really weak, splitting, etc.





I am otherwise completely healthy. I'm just curious as to why.Why do my nails start splitting when I do not sleep enough?
The human body is busy rejuvenating and revitalizing itself during sleep. Shortage of sleep will compromise the rejuvenating process for many functions, fingernails are a likely victim because they are at the far peripheral fringes of the body, which get nourished last.Why do my nails start splitting when I do not sleep enough?
What you describe usually has a lot to do with dryness. Is it both fingers and toes? I rub a good body cream into both toenails and fingernails and it has really helped the nails grow healthy again.
  • make up
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment