Saturday, January 23, 2010

Im diabetic was on insulin back on tabs metformin. my nails r wafer thin and keep splitting anybody have this?

problem doc said eat jelly..always had good strong nails hate jellyIm diabetic was on insulin back on tabs metformin. my nails r wafer thin and keep splitting anybody have this?
You could try calcium tablets, it is the gelatine from the animal bones that work in jelly.Im diabetic was on insulin back on tabs metformin. my nails r wafer thin and keep splitting anybody have this?
I have the same problem and i get a manicure with acrylics every two weeks.





My Manicurist uses a special adhesive since my nails are so thin , the nails would simply fall off.
Can you blend the gelatin with milk or some other drink? Or blend it into some custard or something?





It is tasteless so it should blend into a food really well.





We can get capsules with gelatin in them here in the USA. I don't have a clue as to whether you can get them or not. Then you just swallow them like the metformin tabs.





Modify your food plan so you are eating more green leafy veggies? this has helped me a lot. my nails are much better since I got control of the glucose and am eating mostly meats, green leafy veggies, tomatoes, and sometimes an apple.
I am diabetic also and on metformin, i have had the same problem, jello is the best thing but, i also found a nail hardner works well. It happens alot when your blood sugar isn't completely under control, once i got mine stable i didn't have near the problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment