Saturday, January 23, 2010

What can I do to keep my nails from splitting?

My nails often split, as in one layer peels off from another. I am wondering how I can prevent this. I paint my nails a lot and also use a lot of nail polish remover, could this be the cause?





Thank you!What can I do to keep my nails from splitting?
Absolutely, The amount of chemicals you are using is really drying out your nail. Start using a base coat under your nail polish and preferrably use a formaldehyde and toluene free nail polish. (OPI has now removed these harsh chemicals form their newer colors). There are also nail polish removers you can purchase that are toluene free, and don't dry out your nails as much.What can I do to keep my nails from splitting?
i dont think that could be it


well 1 be careful when your nails are wet. thats wen they are EXTREMELY weak.


2nd my mom said garlic helps. and it does! i've tried it. they have some hardeners in stores though if you dont like the smell of garlic lol


but if you dont want to try the garlic remedy just buy a clear nail polish and ground the garlic and add it to the nail polish and mix it and apply. good luck!
Your diet also affects this. if you are not getting enough calcium, Vitamins E and B, and good fats (olive oil, oily fish, nuts, avocados, etc) it can cause your nails to split. Try taking a mutivatimin and cutting out processed foods
Use Sally Hanson's 'hard as nails' nail growth polish.


It works! Drink milk and get alot of calcium in your system, it helps the nail grow harder and longer. Also use clear nail hardener.

No comments:

Post a Comment