Sunday, January 17, 2010

Does the skin split below finger nails - vitamin deficiency?

I observed my skin below the finger nail splits. I feel its little dry and the area is pain ful. This happens frequently....observed when I have more coffee and cigarattes. Does also vitamin deficiency play a role in the split cause? Appreciate your answers and remedy if possible.Does the skin split below finger nails - vitamin deficiency?
I think zinc deficiency as well as lacking some B-vitamins may cause the nails to become more brittle and may result in some cracks or marks on the nails(especially zinc deficiency). Zinc deficiency also causes the hair to become weak and to fall out. Make sure you are getting enough vitamin C and water too. Ask a doctor if this gets worse, maybe it is even stress related.

No comments:

Post a Comment