Friday, January 15, 2010

Split Dog nail?

my dog Rosco just split his front nail and is limping and licking it non stop. I can not get him to the vet till tomorrow morning. what can I do now for him to help ease his pain and discomfort. Thanks in advance!


TaraSplit Dog nail?
Do Not Let Him Lick It. if you have a cone put it on him if not go buy one. constant licking can cause infection. My lab broke his nail and we tried to save it. it got so infected we had to have his hole nail removed. get him to the vet as soon as possible and hopefully you don't have to go through what we went threwSplit Dog nail?
You can try trimming it back as far as you can so it doesnt catch on anything. If thats not possible you'll have to wait until you see the vet.
Trim it if you can. Wrapping it will be useless. If it is bothering the dog he will simply pull the bandage off.
Use crazy glue to hold the nail together. I use it on my nails when it breaks at the quick until it grows out.

No comments:

Post a Comment