Friday, January 15, 2010

What causes my nail to split right down the middle?

I have one fingernail that ALWAYS splits when it starts to grow out. It's not a huge gap or anything, it just splits when it's growing, like it is two separate halfs. I've never had this problem with any other nails, just this one. Why does it always do this? Maybe an injury when I was younger? Does anyone else have this happen?What causes my nail to split right down the middle?
Lack of conditioning.





A hot oil treatment will help dry nails... warm some oilve oil--NO MINERAL OIL--in a bowl and soak in it for a few minutes.. hair and nails are made of the same stuff, so you need to condition your nails just like you would your hair. This will help keep hard nails from breaking so bad to where it hurts.





On the split thing... I am a firm believer in Acrylic nails, BUT if you can grow your own nails out and they are pretty strong but have problems keeping them--like the splitting. Try putting a fiberglass wrap on the problem nail. That should help.





Note, one layer of the fiberglass mesh would work. Any more and you won't be able to go without polish. My recomendation would be: one layer of mesh, three coats resin.





Good luck!What causes my nail to split right down the middle?
Drink milk..it can be low calcium....or ur nails are tooo long
Sorry, I don't really have any advice for you, but I found your question by accident and was amazed because I have the exact same problem!





It's the index finger on my right hand. It is always split, right down the middle, and there's a little ridge all the way to the cuticle where I can see where it is going to split when it hasn't yet. It's been that way for years!

No comments:

Post a Comment