Sunday, January 17, 2010

Why does my nails split and break? am I missing a nutrient?

My dermatologist told me to take at least 2500mcg biotin (a B vitamin) every day. My nails are much stronger and have stopped splitting. He said it would take 6mos (which it did) for the stronger nails to grow out.Why does my nails split and break? am I missing a nutrient?
Crank up your protein: eat fish, eggs, peanut butter and cheese.Why does my nails split and break? am I missing a nutrient?
u'r lacking in vitamin B12 (cobalamin) in ur diet..





here's a website to help u get more vitB12 in ur diet:


http://www.healthinfoforyou.com/an/5ah2.鈥?/a>





i forgot sumthing..u also need more protein in ur diet..a combination of the two nutrients will give u healthy nails..





just one more thing..calcium does not have any effect on ur nails..it has been proven in the New England Journal of Medicine..
Start taking multi-vitamins daily, this will solve your problem. It did for me. Also if you wear fingernail polish a lot, your nails will split, wear only the nail strengthening kind by Sally Hansen.
some times this happens to me if it has been a while since i smoothed out the tops of my finger nails they have a kit that you can get that has different types of files in it and then when you are done were finger nail polish the kind that strengthenes the nail
try adding gelatin to your diet
yes you are you need the nutrient called sperm. rub it on and let it soak for 30 mins. youll feel and look better
You might try Swanson Vitamin's Skin, Hair, and Nails supplement (swansonvitamins.com). Gelatin is not considered to be useful or even very helpful by my sources. See the reference listed for excellent dietary advice.
Get some nail polish that has a strengthener in it! This fixed my problem with that. And now, I CANT break a nail. I used sally hansen in the pink bottle I got from Walmart. Cheap.
Well Gelatin could help but it really depends if your nails are like that now or if they were like that always, mine always were like that, very fragile, it doesnt matter how many Gelatin, Vitamins, Calcium etc I take, they are very very thin.


Nail polish helps a little.
eat bananas
  • make up
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment