Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Can you fix a split toe nail?

I stubbed my toe and now my toe nail is split down the middle. It hurts but I'm afraid to get a pedicure and risk getting an affection. Does anyone know if they can fix a toe nail?Can you fix a split toe nail?
soak your foot then use some peroxide then try some superglue just a little let dry . ouch that hurt .. cute doggie by the wayCan you fix a split toe nail?
i once lost my whole toe nail and it grew back it is nothing sooo serious.
Ew.
super glue it....the nail will grow towards the crack....so I really don't think you need to worry about an ingrown toenail.
You need to see a doctor. Your toe will likely have infection in the next day or so. Doctor will most likely remove your toe nail.





Anyhow, you need to see a doctor.
try crazy glue if it didnt spread apart to much.I used to be ACCIDENT prone but grew out of it. 42 now and still kickin ed
Yes you can fix it! I suggest you clean it well with peroxide, let it dry, and then apply a gel acrylic over it. (Yeah, the kind you use to put on fake fingernails works JUST FINE.)
Wow... fix a split toe nail with nail polish... right... talk about your top scale advice.


First off, let me say 'good job' on stubbing your toe. You've joined the millions of us how have. Now... next let me say, suck it up and visit a doctor. If you have exposed your skin underneath the nail, you will get infected.


Most likely, you whill have to get your whole nail removed... It's a fairly easy process, you get local antheisia, and you won't feel it all.. then, you new nail will grow in nice and perfect.. you might have to wear sandels for awhile, but it beats getting an infection with stupid quit fixes.
they can probably glue it w/ some special toe nail glue
they use crazy glue, most times.
All I can is give you advice. It may hurt like hell, but wipe it with ethyl alcohol and then wrap it up. Wash it with the alcohol every day until it feels better. Keep it bandaged so that it won't catch on your socks--if it does it may rip all the way off, when I was a child I kicked my big toenail off while having a temper tantrum and it hurt like the dickens. It will take awhile but it will heal.


The best thing to do is call your doctor, though and do not use any type of glue!!!! That will be gluing your toe to your skin and you probably would get an infection then.
If it's bad see a doctor. Otherwise keep it clean, cut off any bit of nail that might get caught on something and just let it grow out and whole again.





Remember to keep it clean!
uh, no, just leave it alone and just let it grow back, thats my opinion.
Trim it down close to the skin (but not to where it hurts your skin). Apply a nail hardener on the nail and let it grow back. If there is severe damage and it's bruised/red underneath, then it will probably eventually fall off and there'll be a new nail growing. Keep it clean and dry. If the pain becomes worse and doesn't subside, then you should see a doctor to rule out infection.
I know your pain. I did the same to my toe last summer. Clean the area well with alcohol and peroxide. And then apply either acrylic gel or nail glue over the split toe nail.

No comments:

Post a Comment