Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My fingernails r broken, split, n cracked. Should I do what a nail technician says ?

I saw a nail technician %26amp; got a manicure last week to see if they knew what I should do about my stupid-looking fingernails. The technician says I should let her apply a layer of acrylic coating to each fingernail. She says it'll look just like healthy, natural nails and that she could keep them looking good (without being the least bit shiny) if I came back every few weeks.





OMG! What! Suspicion makes me worry about being scammed.





I just want to have ordinary, average looking hands.





Should I trust what she says?


Does this seem ok to anyone who knows about this stuff?


Will it look ';just like natural'; the way she says?


What's the good n bad in this whole thing?





I'm otherwise good in my health. So it's not a diet thing. My doc says I've just got the hands I've got.My fingernails r broken, split, n cracked. Should I do what a nail technician says ?
There are many reasons for broken, split, cracked nails. Heredity, diet, health, injury, age, infection and probably a few more I can't think of.





If it's a fungal infection, you'll need to see a Dr. and get a prescription for Lamisil.





Otherwise, I'd get a proper manicure with base coat and top coat and if the nails are still that bad, I'd get the gel topping that the nail tech suggested. Whenever I've had a broken, cracked or split nail - due to injury or broken or snapped one off in cold dead of winter, I'd get a acrylic powder coating on top. It hardens clear and looks quite natural. You can then have it finished off as desired. They'll require some maintenance every 2 weeks until your own nails heal. All good. No bad. Just a few dollars expense.





There are also many products on the market to help heal and strengthen your nails. A visit to a local drug store or Internet shopping (8ty8beauty.com or SallyBeauty or Goddess Within all have great on-line stores) should turn up some of these products to try.





Trust me when I say that your significant other will like you to have nice, clean, professional looking nails; and you'll like them too.My fingernails r broken, split, n cracked. Should I do what a nail technician says ?
You should apply hard as nail clear to strengthen your nails. you should also soak them in epsom salt and warm/hot water. you should clean them with alcohol after using the epsom salt then apply a layer (or 10!!!) of hard as nails. take some vitamins (eaten) to stregthen nail and hair!
thats disgusting. you have the worst case of fungus ever known to man.


sorry darling.


it's called nastynailitis.


the only way to cure it is to put 10 tons of alcohol on that sucker.


maybe if you took more care of your nails, you wouldn't have this problem, now would we?


thanks


-hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment