Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I'm a dedicated guitar player, and my nails are starting to split. I need some advice.?

I think I should address this question to the girls or guitarists out there (or both). Is there a nail polish/strengthener that anyone could recommend to prevent split nails on my left hand? It's the hand I use for chording and lead work, and I play about 5-6 hours a day. The problem is, all that playing is taking a toll on my nails in terms of splitting them to the point to where I might have to take a break for a week or so, and I REALLY don't want to do that. I keep them cut very short which minimizes the damage.


I've heard of other guitarists that use polish/strengtheners, but which one?


By the way, I eat a good diet, so there isn't protein deficiency.


Any good advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!I'm a dedicated guitar player, and my nails are starting to split. I need some advice.?
Nail Tek is the best polish for splitting nails. It is clear, fast drying and very heavy duty. Put on two or three coats to start, then add another coat every day for a week. Then remove with acetone and start again.





http://www.ulta.com/control/product/~pro鈥?/a>I'm a dedicated guitar player, and my nails are starting to split. I need some advice.?
PEOPLE! It's his left hand =/... not his right hand. He's not gonna use a pic.... blah.





Try the Sally Hanson Nail polish strengthener. It works nice. Any clear polish for you will actually protect your nails...
There is a nail strenghtener from the makers of Hoof. It worked great for me when i used it after having acrylics on my nails for a couple years. I got it in walmart but im pretty sure u could find it another pharmacy. If u dont find that there's also diamond strength by sally hansen thats supposed to be great.
i thought u r suppose to cut ur fingernails not keep them long..
get a pick or get fake nails, i no someone who did, and it was a guy!
buy a pic. duh. yes and there is nail strengthener but i believe it only comes in as a clear base coat. ummmm buy it if you want shiny and strong nails
try sally hansen nail strengthener:





click this:


http://www.sallyhansen.com/nail_treatmen鈥?/a>





if that doesnt work for u, just try using a guitar pick!
Yes there is!





check out http://ulta.com im sure youll find a good polish there! many of the ones i have tried from there are great!
buy a pic. they cost like 40 cents.


problem solved


0_o
try going to a salon to get a manicure, it will relax you and the person who will do your nails could give you some advice on how to keep your nails in good condition

No comments:

Post a Comment