Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What do I do if my dog seems to have split his nail?

My dog's nail is bleeding and it stops and starts every now and then, what should I do to stop it? My mother is out getting bandages but if there anything else I should do?What do I do if my dog seems to have split his nail?
Were you cutting his nails? That can lead to cutting too far down the nail %26amp; yes, it will bleed as he/she walks or gets excited. I would hope it would clot - Bandages won't work well. Is there something in it? You need to check it for sharp objects - piece of glass etc, wash it softly with cool water and keep an eye on it. If not better tomorrow, call the vet.What do I do if my dog seems to have split his nail?
the other night someone on here suggested using corn starch or flour on it -
wash it with water and hydrogen peroxide and just keep pressure on it until it stops.
clean it like u would a nail on your finger clipped too low

No comments:

Post a Comment