Wednesday, January 13, 2010

How to fix broken dresser - nail split through?

I was nailing the back to a solid pine dresser and a couple of my nails went in crooked, and went sideways through the solid wood piece, breaking through. Is there any way I can fix this and keep it from weakening? I can't really take the piece apart and redo it with a new side panel but am worried about the stability of the piece now. Is there something I can dribble into the crack/holes where I removed the nails, to bond it together? Suggestions please?How to fix broken dresser - nail split through?
You can cut the nail ends off with side cutters. You can fill the holes with any number of products, like plastic wood. Maybe you can replace the nails with shorter screws. Personally I would shoot it with an 18 ga. finish nailerHow to fix broken dresser - nail split through?
It shouldnt be a problem but if your woried put some supper glue in the holes

No comments:

Post a Comment