Friday, January 15, 2010

What do i do when my cat's split nails are bleeding?

i dont know what happened but my kitty came to me with two split nails and they were bleeding. what do i do? can i just leave them be?What do i do when my cat's split nails are bleeding?
she got caught on something and yanked them off causing the bleeding and tear, just bring her to the vets and if you cant afford it wash her nails gently and apply some peroxide and wrap them in sterile bandageWhat do i do when my cat's split nails are bleeding?
wipe them offf..
Bring him to the vet to stop the bleeding.
I have had this happen a few times, and was no big problem. I quickly soaked the paw in hydrogen peroxide, dried the paw, and put super glue on the split nails. Do this 2 times per day. Neither of these things will harm the cat, and you don't have to worry about wrapping the paw, because those cats will just take off the wrapping. Do this 2-3 days and the healing process will have just about be complete.
you should always trim the cats nails and buy soft scratching post.. if they scratch wood or bark or something hard it will cause that to happen.. trimming the nails help by removing the tip that is usually very brittle will help a lot... you may also look in to getting claw caps they go on the cats nails a womans press on nails...
I'd be worried. Call your vet, that's the best bet.
I think you should take him to the vet.
I think split nails is a very serious thing. On animals, not on people. You really need a vet to look at this.
You can carefully clip them back a little with nail clippers if kitty will let you do that. Not too far back or they will bleed more. You could bandage the paw until it heals but if you don't know how to do it kitty will take it off.
I doubt if you want blood around the house, and I imagine you don't have any stypic poweder around....so I'd see if he'd let you hold him and put some pressure with a small towel on his nail.





They could've gotten caught in carpet, his scratch post, alot of things. Hopefully you're just talking a couple drips of blood. If they're bleeding bad, I'd make a call to the vet right away for advice.
Definitely have them looked at. Cats nails are an actual part of their hand (fingers). Most people think it's just a nail like ours, but part of their paw goes up in there. There are a lot of breeds that bleed ';freely'; and it is hard to stop, so please go have this looked at.
Hi, Cats rarely bleed very much from split claws. Try some flour and pressure(5 minutes at a time--no peeking) that's a long time to hold a cat still. If still bleeding find an all night store--get some Quik-Stop powder-- this almost always works--if it doesn't find a 24 hr vet clinic. Dr N
dont just leave them, take her to the vet!
,they should be ok , if the Little blood don't worry, if there a ton of blood, i mean gushing out , apply per-sure to the wound, if your really worried take him to the vet , maybe you need to clip them ,or give him a post to scratch on
Please take him to a vet!
take it yo the vet!!!!
well, it might need to be seen about it could get infeted
Your vet should take a look at them. Are you trimming them enough? Because sometimes if cats nails are let go too long, splitting can happen. Or if you trimmed TOO close that can happen. I've done that before and it scared the crap out of me!! I remember grabbing a paper towel and soaking it in water and had my husband hold the cat and I wrapped it around his foot and held it there, even though he protested. You can use peroxide to clean it. You don't want it to become infected. I had trouble similar to that with a kitten I was fostering. The vet prescribed some kind of antiseptic blue liquid that I was to mix a few drops of it in warm water. More water than the liquid. I was to soak his paw in it for 3 minutes. Let me tell you, the kitten was screaming so loud I almost cried but after a while of using it, his paw was fine.





Not sure where I heard this but if your cat's paw bleeds stick it in flour to stop the bleeding. Not sure if it works. I didn't find that out til AFTER it happened to me.





Good luck!
PUT IT TO SLEEP

No comments:

Post a Comment