Friday, January 15, 2010

I have a split nail, can anybody help?

when trying to remove my acrylic nails i split my thumb nail, it bled a little but it just hurts a lot and the acrylic nail is still split in vertically with my real nail split underneath as well, how can i remove it without it hurting a lot?I have a split nail, can anybody help?
Try some acetone or something that will dissolve the glue so it will allow the acrylic nail to separate from your original nail and then put a band aid around that finger so that the split nail will repair itself, it might take a little while but if the two pieces are joined then it will eventually join together.I have a split nail, can anybody help?
Hi there


Ouch! I feel for you as this happened to me a couple of years ago.





I would recommend leaving the nail as it is, and sanitize your hands. Try to open the split slightly and put sanitizer in the crack. It *will* sting but only momentarily. Open the wound again and apply a pharmaceutical grade proper nail adhesive NOT superglue! Close it and apply gentle pressure until dry then file it gently across the break to thin it out if you can bear it. Sanitize it again and reapply L%26amp;P to strengthen where it has broken. If you experience any painful throbbing in the following 24 hours, then you will have to have it removed safely.





By the next time you have a re-balance, it should be ok to soak off or re-apply. I really do feel for you! Good luck!
cut your finger off.

No comments:

Post a Comment